Songs for the Runway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Her Campus UIC and other branches are known to be fashion conscientious. Whether you’re perfecting your strut in your hallway or in an actual fashion show, you need some jams to work it out to. These songs will release your inner diva and give you the fashion state of mind.

1.     “Glam” by Christina Aguilera

“Runway on fire, fashion gods inspire. Lose control, inhibitions run wild.” With lyrics like those, Christina Aguilera had the catwalk in mind while creating this delicious song. Armed with a cool, fierce beat, you’re going to OWN the catwalks (or sidewalks) when listening to this song.

2.     “Fashion Beats” by The Black Eyed Peas

This fusion of old school and futuristic beats yields this straightforward fashion gem. As will.i.am says, “Its in fashion to be blasting these beats.”

3.     “Fanatic” by Heidi Montag

Please don’t kill me or skip over this song because of the artist’s name. To be completely honest, Heidi Montag has one of the most consistent albums I have ever heard and the songs are not that bad. Upon first listen of “Fanatic,” it instantly reminded of confidence on a runway. It has an easy-going, fun beat. Test this song out and let me know if it does not sway you in any way.

4.     “Government Hooker” by Lady Gaga (not officially released)

Lady Gaga strut the catwalk to this preview of an upcoming song on her new album “Born This Way.” The song was inspired by Marilyn Monroe and is driven by one of the fiercest beats I have heard in a while. I can only hope that the full song is as good as the preview. For now, enjoy this track as my last recommendation of songs for the runway.