This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

These cinnamon rolls are sweet, fluffy, chewy, and require little to no effort to make! Perfect for holiday parties or to satisfy late night sweet tooth cravings. This recipe makes eight cinnamon rolls.

Ingredients for the cinnamon roll itself:  

1. 3 Tbsp Salted Butter

2. ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar

3. 1 tsp Cinnamon

4. Crescent Roll Dough

5. 1 Tbsp Water

Ingredients for the cinnamon roll glaze:

1. 2 Tbsp Salted Butter

2. 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese

3. ½ cup Powdered Sugar

4. ½ tsp Vanilla extract

5. 1 tsp Milk

Kitchen Utensils:

1. 7-1/2-inch-by-5-1/2-inch casserole dish

2. 2 Medium sized bowls

3. Mixing spoon

4. Pastry Brush

Cinnamon roll:

Step One: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your 7-1/2-inch-by-5-1/2-inch casserole dish with about one teaspoon of butter.

Step Two: Combine 1/2 tightly packed cup plus 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar with 1 generous teaspoon of cinnamon. Set aside.

Step Three: Pop the Crescent roll dough open and unravel the dough. Try to keep it in its rectangular shape without breaking apart the pieces. Use a pastry brush to brush 1 or more teaspoons of butter across the dough. Try and leave a ¼ inch border with no butter. This will allow you to seal the cinnamon rolls with water when it comes time to roll them.

Step Four: Sprinkle the top of dough with the cinnamon sugar mixture you put aside earlier. Try and refrain from getting this mixture on the butter-less border. Then partially saturate the top of this mixture with about another tablespoon of butter. It does not have to be perfect.

Step Five: Dip your fingers in 1 tablespoon of water and run your fingers across the border that has no butter. Roll the dough into a tight log and refrigerate it for 20 to 30 minutes. Doing this hardens the cinnamon sugar mixture and makes the dough easier to cut.

Step Six: Slice the log into eight even pieces that are about 1/2 inch thick. Place each piece into the greased casserole dish evenly and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until dough begins to turn golden brown on top.

Glaze:

While the cinnamon rolls are baking go ahead and make the glaze.

Step one: In another medium sized bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of salted butter, 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon milk, and ½ cup of powdered sugar. For extra flavor, feel free to add the zest of an orange or lemon. Warm this mixture in the microwave for a smooth consistency.

After the cinnamon rolls are ready, drizzle the glaze on top and serve warm with a glass of milk. Enjoy!

Stephanie Saranga is an charismatic, loving, and hard working student who is currently attending The University of Illinois at Chicago. She plans to major in Urban Education and master in Speech Pathology. During her free time she enjoys to listen to music (specifically rap and R&B), read, bake, and paint.
UIC Contributor.