Give in to Cravings Without Overeating!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

When you’re on a diet, you may think you cannot give in to your cravings or that if you do, you will not be able to control how much you eat which often proves to be true. If you crave chocolate, you don’t eat just one; you eat all the chocolate you can! Then the guilt sets in. There are also those who prefer to not even get close to what they crave and then they end up driving themselves crazy spending all day thinking about everything they cannot eat and this results in nothing but a moody person           
.

Have you considered eating only one piece? Just a bite?  Most of the time, before finishing what you’re eating, you’re already thinking about what comes next and you end up not enjoying what you are currently eating. Therefore, before eating your cravings, think and be aware of how you feel. You may already be full or you may not even like what you’re about to eat.

Before taking the first bite, take a deep breath. This will help you stop the automatic moment of bringing food to your mouth; it will bring you to back to the present and allow you to actually enjoy what you are eating. Once you take the bite, really enjoy what you’re eating! Take every bite slowly, do not rush your food and you’ll see that with just one serving it will be enough to satisfy your cravings!

Don’t ignore your cravings but rather try to enjoy them. You will see that with a single bite it will be enough!

Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.