This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

One of the best parts of Thanksgiving is all the yummy foods you get to make and eat! So, here’s a list of my favorite Thanksgiving foods to eat. 

1.) Mac and Cheese

This is my favorite dish for Thanksgiving. From the firm cheeses mixed with delicious seasonings, you can’t have a proper Thanksgiving without mac and cheese. I prefer baked mac and cheese because it’s a dish that my sister and I make every year. We take our time and hope to make the best mac and cheese our family has tasted. Please contact me for a sample of my mac and cheese!!

2.) Honey Glazed Ham

Although I don’t eat pork regularly, this dish is one of my favorites. My mom makes the best-glazed ham ever. The juicy ham and the sweet sauce together tastes like heaven.

3.) Greens with Smoked Turkey

It’s important to have your vegetables with all that meat. You can eat kale salads or veggie soup, but make sure that you have your green vegetables. My late grandmother made the best southern collard greens with smoked turkey wings. If you were lucky, she would have a spare bottle of hot sauce in her refrigerator.

4.) Dressing (aka Stuffing)

Stuffing is a combination of cornbread, spices, and veggies. These ingredients are baked together and are served with cranberry sauce. You can make stuffing from scratch or purchase an instant one.

6.) Cheesecake

Did you think I forgot about dessert? I eat cheesecake every year (not the entire slice of course). It’s so delicious and creamy.

7.) Caramel Cake

Caramel cake is my favorite cake. It’s just so hard to resist on special occasions. The fluffy cake top with thick caramel sauce is to die for.

Nikiya Alfred is the current events director for the UIC HER CAMPUS chapter. She's a third-year college student from the University of Illinois at Chicago with a passion for problem-solving issues in the CPS system. As an Urban Education major with a concentration in English Language Arts, she wants to explore more on Educational policy. This is the perfect opportunity for her to build relationships with other women who have a passion for writing. Please follow her on Instagram @Moondoll_7.
UIC Contributor.