Campus Cutie: EJ Luna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Basics:

Name: EJ Luna

Year: Junior

Major: Bioengineering

Birthday: March 7, 1992

Ethnicity: Filipino

UIC Life:

What are you involved in on campus? Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity & BOA (Bioengineering Organizational Alliance)

What do you love about UIC? “The fact that its right next to Chicago, some campuses have little playgrounds but we have the city!”

What is your favorite class you are currently taking? Physics

What are some things you would like to do before you graduate? Hold an officer position in TKE, be an overall leader on campus, & leave mark on campus “Hopefully something that people can talk about me for years and years to come!”

Fun Facts:

If you had a theme song, what would it be? “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You” – Mulan

Biggest Fear: Dying alone

Favorite Holiday: Christmas because everyone’s happy with holiday cheer and “who hates Christmas music?”

Favorite Chick-flick:  Crazy, Stupid, Love & Love and other Drugs

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? “I would like to be in the here (Chicago) but my job will take me to the west coast for a pharmaceutical company, while playing golf on the side, of course.”

Love Life:

Interested in: Female

Single or taken: Single

Celebrity Crush(es): Emma Watson “Yeah, that’s it. She has a spell over me…”

Deal Breaker: Smoking & if she has a reputation, especially among friends

Deal Maker: Just has to be happy “Oh and she has to like golf!”

Dream Date: “I would take her on a picnic by the planetarium, looking at the skyline as the sun rises. The go from there…”

Thanksgiving:

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? “I’m going to Michigan to visit family, then get rowdy with some cousins, snagging a few deals on black Friday, and then back to the study grind on Saturday. I’m so looking forward to spending time with family.”

What are you most thankful for? Good people and good times “Without friends and family I wouldn’t be here.”

What is your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving? “Stuffing is mainly what I eat, unhealthy but YOLO, right?”

Do you have any unusual family traditions? At midnight we stand in a line across from each other and hand each other money, usually giving younger siblings or cousins some sort of gift. 

Sydney is currently a junior at UIC. Apart from writing the Campus Celebrity column for HerCampus-UIC, she also serves as the Vice President in her sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma. As of now her major is undeclared, however she would like to major in marketing and finance. When she is not on campus, she is working at her internships, going to concerts, hanging out with friends, and enjoying life as it comes. In the future she hopes to go into some sort of public relations career, such as event planning, but also keeps her options open. Sydney works hard and tries to take advantage of as many opportunities that come her way!
UIC Contributor.