The Breathtaking Art Exhibit That You Need To Visit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

These beautiful photos are of Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirror rooms at the Cleveland Museum of Art.  At the exhibit, visitors have the opportunity to experience seven of Kusama’s incredible Infinity Mirror Rooms. The exhibit also includes a collection of her paintings and performances from the 1960s. 

I drove six hours to visit this exhibit, and it was completely worth it! Stepping into one of Kusama’s infinity mirrors felt like entering another world! The mirrors on the walls of the room gave the illusion that the amazing landscape, filled with lights, lanterns and sometimes pumpkins, went on forever.

While the pictures of the exhibit look amazing and are definitely instagram-worthy, they really do not do the rooms justice; this exhibit needs to be seen in person. Unfortunately, the exhibit at the Cleveland Art Museum  is closing on September 30th. You can get your tickets for the last weekend of the show here. However, tickets sell out quickly so if you don’t get them for this exhibit-no worries! Kusama’s infinity mirror rooms will be on display at The High Museum of Art in Atlanta, Georgia from November 18th until February 17th, 2019. Get your tickets soon though because this is the last venue of the North American tour for these incredible pieces!

Mia is a sophomore at UIC pursuing a double major in history and Spanish. She is also pursuing a double minor in museum studies and social justice.
UIC Contributor.