This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As an avid music lover of all genres (not as much Country), the holidays would not be complete without all the wonderful, nostalgic Christmas music that takes over the radio stations and households around the globe. There is just something about this time of year that makes people want to relive their childhood memories of drinking hot coco near the fireplace, covered in warm cozy blankets listening to heartwarming Christmas songs.

Some of my favorite old school Christmas songs are performed by artists who started off on the Mickey Mouse Club or as actors on the Disney Channel. All my 90’s babies know exactly what I’m referring to and can definitely relate. I thought it was appropriate, especially for this time of the year, to go down memory lane and reminisce about some of the all-time, classic Christmas songs perfect for every holiday season.   

Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas Is You

MC will always be one of my favorite female artists. She has a voice of an angel and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” is one of the most played Christmas songs around this time of the year. 

[pagebreak]

N*Sync – Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

Probably one of my all time favorite boy bands, N*Sync, has this upbeat 1998 Christmas song that is yes, corny and cheesy, but does nothing except leave a smile on my face! The video is goofy and will definitely have you laughing, but the message of this song is clear as it is about spending quality time with family and friends during Christmas and the holidays. 

[pagebreak]

The Cheetah Girls – Cheetah Licious Christmas

I hope I’m not the only one who actually liked and listened to the Cheetah Girls growing up during the early 2000’s. They have this fun, winter inspired Christmas song that is all about sticking together with your cheetah licious girlfriends and wishing your family and friends a wonderful, Merry Christmas.

[pagebreak] 

Destiny’s Child – Eight Days of Christmas

This song by one of my favorite female artists, Beyonce, and old school girl group, Destiny’s Child, brings a twist to the regular upbeat, jolly Christmas songs with a more soul, R&B feel for the holiday spirit. Yes, this is another cheesy music video, but doesn’t Beyonce always look so stunning and classy in anything she wears and everything she does? 

[pagebreak]

Mariah Carey – O’Holy Night

This list would not be complete without two of Mariah Carey’s famous Christmas songs. Her version of O’Holy Night is by far my favorite. It literally gives me chills every time. I seriously believe Mariah is an angel sent from above because her voice is absolutely awing and breath taking. Yes, she is older now, but her voice is still so lovely and full of life.

[pagebreak]

Christina Aguilera –  Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Another power house singer, Christina Aguilera’s version of this song is incredibly good. She demonstrates how wonderful of a vocalist she truly is and how she uses her natural, gifted talent to grace the world with her outstanding voice.   

[pagebreak]

Aly & AJ – Greatest Time of Year

Formally known as Aly & AJ, these beautiful sisters who now go by “78 Violet” created this 2007 rock, Christmas hit featured in the Santa Claus 2 movie. I loved watching these former Disney Channel stars in the early 2000’s and are glad they continue to create great music together.

Nicole is a proud city girl born and raised in beautiful Chicago. She is currently a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Business Marketing major and a part of the Women's Line Up Team at Nike Chicago. She loves everything to do with fitness & health, music, urban life, and sports! In her spare time she loves to run, ride her fixie along the lakefront, do yoga, and volunteer! She is a die hard Chicago Bulls fan with a huge sweet tooth. Nicole's dream is to have a career in marketing with a focus in brand management or advertisement and sales promotion.
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.