Autumn is here and Halloween is right around the corner! It is not too late for costume preparation. For this DIY, we are dressing up as a Beanie Baby. It will give you an excuse to wear a onesie in public. It is also warm, soft, and cozy, and everyone will find you adorable, so it’s a win-win. Let’s get started!
- 1 Big Red Poster board
- 1 White Sharpie water-based paint marker
- 1 Long red ribbon
- 1 Pair of Scissors
- 1 Hole-Puncher
- 1 Animal themed onesie, preferably a member of the beanie baby collection
Steps: (see photo above as a guide)
- Fold the poster board in half, and use a pencil to outline half of a heart closest to the binding.
- Sketch the bubble letters Ty in the center, and color it in with your marker.
- Cut out heart.
- Hole punch the edge of the Ty logo.
- Thread a ribbon through the hole, it should be long enough to wear as a necklace.
- Wear your Ty logo over your onesie, and you are ready for Halloween!
Your finished product should look similar to the photo below. I chose Hello Kitty because I loved her as a kid, and Hello Kitty is a Beanie Baby. If you are looking for cute animal onesies, Kigurumi has a very nice selection for everyone.
Feel free to share your recreations and costume ideas. Happy creating, and good luck!