Beanie Baby: A Cute And Comfy DIY Halloween Costume

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Autumn is here and Halloween is right around the corner! It is not too late for costume preparation. For this DIY, we are dressing up as a Beanie Baby. It will give you an excuse to wear a onesie in public. It is also warm, soft, and cozy, and everyone will find you adorable, so it’s a win-win. Let’s get started!

Materials:

• 1 Big Red Poster board
  • 1 White Sharpie water-based paint marker
  • 1 Long red ribbon
  • 1 Pair of Scissors
  • 1 Hole-Puncher
  • 1 Animal themed onesie, preferably a member of the beanie baby collection

Steps: (see photo above as a guide)

1. Fold the poster board in half, and use a pencil to outline half of a heart closest to the binding.
  2. Sketch the bubble letters Ty in the center, and color it in with your marker.
  3. Cut out heart.
  4. Hole punch the edge of the Ty logo.
  5. Thread a ribbon through the hole, it should be long enough to wear as a necklace.
  6. Wear your Ty logo over your onesie, and you are ready for Halloween!

Your finished product should look similar to the photo below. I chose Hello Kitty because I loved her as a kid, and Hello Kitty is a Beanie Baby. If you are looking for cute animal onesies, Kigurumi has a very nice selection for everyone. 

Feel free to share your recreations and costume ideas. Happy creating, and good luck! 

Hello, everyone, my name is Shirley Toy. I am a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) with a Bachelor's in English, concentrating in Professional Writing and double minors in Spanish and Communication. I am an alum of Her Campus at UIC, where I served as a writer, Co-Campus Correspondent, and Editor-in-Chief. At the National level, I served as a Chapter Advisor for the 2017-2018 academic year. These opportunities are perfect because I get to merge my passions for writing, leadership, and technology together. Follow & Tweet me on Twitter @_shirleyst!
UIC Contributor.