Artists to Look Out for This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

It’s summer! Well, we may have a week of finals, but here is a list of upcoming artists to lookout for this summer. Your old favorites are back and this will undoubtedly be a summer full of hot music.

1. Beyoncé

Her new single, “Run The World (Girls)” may be a bit, ehm, boring and trite, but Beyoncé in the past has never disappointed. She’s had boring first singles before (i.e. “Déjà Vu” and “If I Were A Boy”), but has always come back on top with huge follow up hits. I may not be her biggest fan, but I have total confidence this summer will be full of music from Beyoncé.

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga has already shown us a preview of her new album with “Born This Way” and new single “Judas.” Both songs may have been a bit lackluster, but the influence of Gaga will still remain for a while. I predict Gaga’s new album will provide us some big summer smashes.

3. Jennifer Lopez

Ms. Lopez already reclaimed her role of Latina Diva with “On the Floor” this spring. I got a chance to listen to her new album on her website and I am pleased to say it’s a very good album! Full of dance, swagger attack, and ballad typed songs, it is safe to say J. Lo is back and with a vengeance.

I hope everyone has an amazing summer and that we come back with some more exciting music in the fall. Want some more music recommendations over the summer? Follow my tumblr: http://socialitemike.tumblr.com/