This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

In this month of love and passion, how can we celebrate? For those wanting to try their hand at new and creative experiences. Here are some ways to enjoy loving yourself, friends, or partners and dabble in some art as well. Three local Chicago events and workshops. No dates are required (unless you insist).

All events have links to where you can purchase tickets for these events.

Self-Love Art Therapy Workshop hosted by Pierra Dewitt-Brown at the NYCH Gallery

In this workshop, you’ll be guided through an art therapy experiential that encourages you to look deep and explore your ideas of self-love. With art materials provided, you’ll create handwritten love letters to yourself and have the opportunity to engage in an open conversation about what Self-Love means. It’s also a chance to check out this gallery that exhibits contemporary art, paintings, sculptures, and more.

Cost: $15

Date: Sunday, Feb 20, 2022, 5:00 PM

Location: NYCH Gallery 2025 South Laflin Street, Chicago, IL 60608

Fun with embroidery, botanicals, and led lights hosted by rebuilding exchange

This is a creative workshop led by Chicago-based artist, Haerim Lee that teaches you how to combine botany, embroidery, and LED lights to create unique and integrated art. It’s a three-hour workshop where you’ll learn how to create soft circuitry and embroidery. Your plus one for this event is your favorite plant, seriously. You’re encouraged to bring your leafy friends for inspiration. 

There are only a few days left at the end of the month to sign up for so definitely check it out!

Cost: $40

Date: Offered on multiple dates in February but being filled up quickly!

Location: ReBuilding Exchange 1740 West Webster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614

Collage 101: the (Not-So) Basics hosted by the Art Camp Workshop 

For experienced artists and beginners, this course will incorporate a variety of materials like paper, cloth, magazines, and texts to create new compositions. Starting with the basics of compositions and collaging techniques, you’ll be given the skills to create a fusion of your artistic visions. All materials will be provided, but you’re welcome to bring your own!

Cost: $30

Date: Friday, Feb 18, 2022 7:00-9:00 PM

Location: 1870 South Blue Island Avenue, Chicago, IL 60608

Challenge yourself and your creativity this month to explore new forms of art and expression. A wonderful opportunity to make new memories or even new friends. Happy Valentines Day!

UIC Contributor.