6 Ways to Mess With Your Brother When You’re Bored

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.
  • Log into his laptop and change his scrolling direction: The way my trackpad scrolls is not the way my brother’s trackpad scrolls. I have noticed this when I was attempting to use his computer while trying to help him with his essay. Every time I touched his trackpad, I grew frustrated because I couldn’t scroll in the direction I wanted to. This was just a way to frustrate him back.

• Take something from his room: Now this one takes patience. You have to take something from his room. Something so insignificant that he probably won’t notice, at least, not right away. You have to wait a few days to see if he notices it missing. If he doesn’t, take another thing. Keep repeating the process until his room is basically in your room.
  • Get into his Netflix account and set his shows to different episodes than the ones he is on: This one might seem evil (and probably is) but it’s in our job description as siblings anyway. Be prepared for retaliation, that is if he figures it out. You could always blame it on a technology glitch. Who believes technology is doesn’t sometimes fail?
  • Eat his cereal: My brother eats my cereal all the time, which is completely unfair because we both like my cereal and only he likes his. If you can’t keep his not-so-appetizing cereal down, just hide it for a while or feed it to someone else. Nobody likes wasted food.
  • Mess around with his video games: I’ve never had the guts to do this, but I do dream about it. His video games are sacred to him and I wouldn’t dare. You’re probably braver then I am, so go on. Delete everything. I dare you.
  • Take his pens: I don’t know if this applies to everyone, but my family has a thing for pens. We love pens. We’re practically obsessed. The number one frustrating thing while you are in a rush is not having a pen to write with and not just a pen, but a good pen. My brother loves his color-coordinated pens when he takes notes. If a color is missing from the set, he’ll go berserk, I promise you.

Hello! My name's Syeda Dayemi and I graduated UIC (majored in Biology). :)
UIC Contributor.