This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

If you are anything like me, then you are absolutely obsessed with makeup and hair tutorials! I can spend hours binge-watching these YouTube videos, instead of prioritizing an assignment with an upcoming deadline. Here are 6 of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus that have definitely helped elevate my ability to slay:

1. Nicole Guerriero

Nicole is one of my early favorites – this popular beauty guru currently has 2,899,544 subscribers and over 600 videos on her channel. I discovered her channel about 3 years ago when I first decided to wear makeup on a daily basis. Her videos are very high quality; she really makes her viewers feel like they are some of her best friends. She has this great video about color correcting under your eyes for a more flawless concealer application. Nicole also has these amazing Halloween makeup tutorials that are just breathtaking. Besides her bubbly and warm personality, she is most definitely a beauty expert with a ton of helpful advice for beginners. 

Check out her most recent video:

2. Carli Bybel

I was introduced to Carli’s channel through one of Nicole’s vlogs, fun fact: they are best friends. You may be familiar with her through her very popular Misguided collabs that are always sold out! She has also collaborated with BH cosmetics to create her self-titled eye shadow and highlighter palette.

Check out her most recent video:

3. Jackie Aina

I love Jackie. She is my current favorite because her channel offers a wide range of content that is also cohesive. Jackie is also one of the first black beauty gurus I discovered on YouTube as well. This definitely gave me a realistic picture of how certain makeup products would look on my skin tone. Her channel bridges the gap between beauty, social commentary and comedy with over 700 videos and a growing fan base of 2,309,486 subscribers to date. I personally love her videos where calls out makeup brands who fail to include women of color.

Check out her most recent video:

4. Aaliyah Jay

Don’t confuse this beauty guru with Nicki Minaj, she is definitely beauty mogul in her own right. She collaborated with Boohoo this past Halloween. The New York native has a wide range of content on her channel with over 200 videos and over 1 million subscribers. I personally love her story-time videos; the 23-year-old has definitely lived quite a life! Aaliyah has this amazing eyebrow tutorial that also teaches the viewer how to arch and trim their eyebrows in the comfort of their own home. 

Check out her latest video:

5. Fusion of Cultures

Fusion of Cultures is a personal favorite of mine because she is fellow naturalista like myself. I was struggling to fashion the right technique to properly moisturize my hair once I decided to cut off my chemically relaxed hair and embrace my natural texture. Her advice save my hair! She does have a smaller fan base, but don’t dismiss her and assume she doesn’t provide quality content. She has a very diverse body of work on her channel with over 300 videos and a growing fan base of almost 300,000 subscribers.

Check out her latest video:

6. Tiarra Monet

Tiarra is one of my all-time favorite beauty gurus; she is undoubtedly the queen of lace frontals. She is currently starring on Snapchat’s makeover show Face Forward as the resident hair stylist. Tiarra’s videos on lace front wigs taught me how to construct my own, saving me a few trips to the salon. Her channel offers a wide range of content including makeup tutorials and fashion hauls with over 100 videos to choose from. Apart from her successful career as a makeup and hair stylist, she is also a talented singer who recently covered Cardi B’s Be Careful.

Check out her latest video: 

UIC Contributor.