nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Have Sober Fun Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

It’s finally spring break and you can’t wait to escape the mounds of schoolwork that has been building up. All of your friends are talking about the numerous amounts of parties they can’t wait to attend over break, but then there is you. Maybe the party atmosphere isn’t your favorite place to be, or you just want to have a calm spring break. Whatever your plans are for break, there are plenty of ways to have fun while staying sober and safe!

1.     Have a bonfire with good friends

Being away at school may make it harder to see friends from home, but when you are on break it gives you an opportunity to catch up with all of your friends. Spring break is the perfect time to break out the fire pits and s’mores to have a good old fashioned hang out with your friends.

2. Check something off your bucket list

Without many responsibilities over break, it leaves you with a lot of time. Before you get bored and wish for school to be back in session, try something new and exciting (even if it’s just a new restaurant). Checking something off your bucket list that you have always wanted to do will create tons of excitement! Plus, you will have a great story to tell when you come back to classes.

3.  Spend some quality time with your loved ones

So maybe you aren’t traveling to Europe or PCB this spring break, but use this time to spend some quality time with your loved ones! Growing up doesn’t always have to mean growing apart. Don’t lose contact with the people you care about.

4.  Travel some place new and unexpected

One of the most exciting things to do is get in the car (or bike, train, plane, whatever!) and go. Don’t set a specific location, but find some place new. Learn new places around you, or take a trip to some place you’ve always wanted to go. The world around us is vast, and there is plenty to see. Enjoy the beauty of the world around us.

5. Take a break from your technology

Sometimes we get caught up in checking who liked our instagram selfie or who tweeted what, and we forget that there is so much happening around us. As spring approaches over break, enjoy everything that is happening.  Take a break from your technology for a few hours or a day and take note of how much you notice. 

HiiI'm Lauren- Sophomore at UIC,  girl who hates science but aspires to be a nurse. Catch me on campus looking as basic as ever, coffe and planner in hand too.Oh and I am probably the sassiest person you'll ever meet.  
UIC Contributor.