This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As a person who was raised in a Mexican household, I justify that I’ve tried these desserts on several occasions, and confirm they are delicious! If you are a person who is always willing to try new dishes, or just have a craving for something sweet, here are some recommendations:

Mangonada

This tasty and spicy looking ice cream is the perfect combo of sour and sweet. The traditional dish usually consists of mango ice cream, chopped mango pieces, chamoy (pickled fruit sauce) sauce, and chile (tajin).

Flan

This is a caramel sweet dessert! It has a soft texture, all made from condensed and evaporated milk.

Pan Dulce

My favorite moment is walking into the bakery and smelling all this bread fresh out of the oven. This is a sweet bread, that is notable for the sweet topping. This is best served with some hot chocolate.

Tres Leches (Cake)

No, this isn’t just ordinary cake, this is the moistest cake ever. It’s called, “Tres Leches,” because it is a sponge cake, made from three different types of milk.

Andrea K. Vazquez. Hi y'all! I'm currently a first-year Communication major at University of Illinois-Chicago. I'm considering working in Journalism or some form of Media/Public Relations.
UIC Contributor.