3 Oils Collegiettes Should Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

1. Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is a very popular oil with many uses. You can use it to cook with, as a moisturizer, as a makeup remover, as sunscreen, as a cuticle treatment, etc. This is a perfect multi-use oil college students should have laying around. It will come in handy in the most unexpected times so be sure to get yourself a bottle!

2. Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is most popular for fighting acne. It is an antiseptic oil that helps in fighting any unwelcomed pimples, rashes, sunburns and any other skin flare ups. If it is not hormones, college can stress us out and cause acne or even psoriasis, so it is helpful to have this oil in your room in case any of that happens.

3. Eucalyptus Oil

Eucalyptus oil is a good oil to have around if you are feeling sick. If you have a cold or a flu, inhaling this oil will help clear out the sinuses. It can be applied to a diffuser or a bowl of hot water to breath in. Breathing this in will also help calm you down if anything is becoming too overwhelming. Having this oil will help you be productive as you study and treat your cold!

Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.