The Walk of No Shame: Why You Shouldn’t Be Ashamed of Your Sexuality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

You know that thing people do when they feel the need to try and tell us women to hide our sexual desires and act like we don’t have any? Well, I’m here to tell you to forget all of that. 

Why? Because, for one thing, it would be weird for us not to desire sex, considering we have to have it in order for the human race to survive. Desiring sex is natural.

The fact that our brain tells us that it’s a good thing is the reason humans are still around. Maybe if dodo birds enjoyed it as much as we do, they’d still be here.

Secondly, if it’s perfectly fine for guys to express their sexuality, it should be fine for us too. They’re allowed to cat-call, comment on our bodies, and openly talk about their sex lives with little to no opposition; but, because we’re supposed to be “ladies,” people act so appalled when we even think to discuss the same things. Newsflash: we’re all equal.

If you want to have lunch with your friends and talk about how great your hook-up was this weekend, do it! If you want to talk about all the things you want to do with that boy from your class, go for it! So what if someone thinks you aren’t ladylike? Don’t worry about it! Embrace your sexuality and don’t let it hold you back. There are too many things to worry about in life, don’t let someone knowing that you enjoy sex be one of them.