This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Hey y’all! My name is Ashley, and I run a photography business based out of Athens, GA called Lucky 15 Photography! I love getting to explore UGA, especially for photo locations! Here’s a list I put together of the Best Photo Spots at UGA, according to me!

North Campus

North Campus can feel basic and like it’s just for Grad Photos, but I promise it’s more versatile than that. If you’re creative enough, North Campus is great for literally any type of photo. Here are some cool dance photos I took of my friend Madison. I used many of the “basic spots” but made them more unique through different angles and by incorporating Madison’s dance poses!

The Founder’s Garden

The Founder’s Garden is not only beautiful but also has so much to offer. The different textures of the brick and white picket fence mixed in with the beautiful vines growing over the house make for the perfect background for couples, grads, seniors, or just fun individual photos!

Trial Gardens

Tucked behind Snelling, the Trial Gardens may seem small but are really beautiful in images. From the beautiful gazebo featuring overgrowth of vines, to the giant rose bushes, to the greenhouse filled with the coolest succulents and flowers, the Trial Gardens have a spot for everyone’s style. 

Literally any Parking Deck

Parking decks are so cool for photos. They give such an “urban” vibe to the photos, and they look perfect during Golden Hour. And watching the sunset over Athens is the perfect way to end a shoot. 

The Latin American Ethnobotanical Garden

This garden, located right behind Baldwin Hall, is often overlooked as it is not close to the center of campus. I stumbled across this location on my way to take photos at North Campus and couldn’t be happier to have found this gem! It was perfect for Golden Hour. It has a beautiful bridge (featured in this post) and so many cool plants that add for a unique backdrop to photos!

I hope you all love these spots as much as I do! 

Ashley Rose Moore is a third year student at the University of Georgia studying International Affairs and Political Science, with a minor in Communications. She is passionate about photography, politics and her family. Her dream job is to be Political Analyst or Journalist at CNN.