This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Thrifting—good for the wallet and your wardrobe. Who doesn’t love a good old-fashioned sustainable fit flex? I know I do. For all our savvy thrift gals, read on because we’re not about to gatekeep our favorite places to shop and save in Athens.

America’s Thrift Stores 

America’s Thrift had to be the first place I listed. I believe this store is the best place to buy second-hand stuff in Athens due to its Goodwill type prices and extensive, various selections of shoes, clothing, and home goods. It’s super easy to go here and recreate a trendy outfit you saw on Instagram or Pinterest.

Project Safe Thrift Store

This location offers excellent options for our vintage junkies. Not to mention, everything is ridiculously cheap. Project Safe is probably one of the most affordable on the list.

Plato’s Closet 

Plato’s is a large chain, but I have to give it to them. It never seems to miss. I consider Plato’s as a reliable shopping location because almost everything is cute—unlike other thrift stores where you seem to be digging past shoulder pads. The high quality of clothing may be due to its abundance of name-brand items, making it a little more expensive but still affordable. Jewelry, accessories, shoes, bathing suits, and LOTS of fall essentials are waiting for you here.

ReStore

ReStore is more focused on furniture, making it a great place to cheaply furnish an apartment or home. Even if you’re looking for a little unique flair to add to your home, this is an excellent place to do it without breaking the bank. However, ReStore still features a section of clothing and accessories, making it the whole package.

Thrifting is an excellent way to save money, and the money you spend can go to charitable causes depending on the store. Also, trends seem to come and go every year, so I like to buy clothes in bulk and not feel bad giving them back to the thrift store within a few years. It’s sustainable and fun, so why not? Thrift on, bulldogs.

Caroline is a senior at the University of Georgia studying journalism and international affairs. One day, she aspires to be a copywriter, editor, or UX writer. She thoroughly enjoys writing, sushi, cats, coffee, and long walks to her refrigerator.