Spring Break Throwback Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

In the coming week, you and your friends will be preparing yourselves for the week long extravaganza of spring break.  Your time will be spent buying bathing suits, trying on sunglasses, decorating jugs, living at the gym, and daydreaming about your days at the beach.  To help yourself cope with the long classes and the endless work before your getaway, you will need all kinds of procrastination tactics.  One of your best options will come in the form of music.  What could possibly take more time than looking for the perfect spring break playlist?  It’s a long week, so you’re going to need all kinds of playlists for the car rides and getting ready and laying out on the beach.  You’ll want the Jimmy Buffett and Beyonce and Eric Church, of course, but everyone always forgets about the prime throwbacks from when Hilary Duff was Lizzie McGuire and Justin Timberlake had blonde highlights..  To be sure to get everyone talking about their middle school years with first kisses, middle school dances, and braces, here’s a throwback playlist for your best spring break yet.

1. Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) –Backstreet Boys
  2. Aaron’s Party –Aaron Carter
  3. Ignition –R. Kelly
  4. U + Ur Hand –Pink
  5. Sk8er Boy –Avril Lavigne
  6. We Belong Together –Mariah Carey
  7. Beautiful Soul –Jesse McCartney
  8. 1985 –Bowling For Soup
  9. Jessie’s Girl –Rick Springfield
  10. Why Not –Hilary Duff
  11. Juliet –LMNT
  12. Kiss Kiss –Chris Brown
  13. Laffy Taffy –D4L
  14. Fergalicious –Fergie
  15. One, Two Step –Ciara (Ft. Missy Elliott)
  16. Toxic –Britney Spears (Or all of Britney’s classics, for that matter)
  17. Sexy Back –Justin Timberlake (wait, all of JT too)
  18. Me & U –Cassie
  19. Don’t Stop the Music –Rihanna
  20. Yeah! –Usher
  21. Buy You a Drank –T-Pain
  22. Music –Madonna
  23. Baby Got Back –Sir Mix-A-Lot
  24. With You –Chris Brown
  25. Promiscuous –Nelly Furtado, Timbaland

A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter