freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Romantic Places to Take Your Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The time of year is nearing once again. Valentine’s Day. While V-Day may be one of those days in which some of us are reminded of just how single we really are, it’s also a day in which we put ourselves under an insane amount of pressure in order to plan out the perfect night for ourselves and our dates. If you’re like us (which is completely clueless as to how to make that happen), look no further. HC is here to provide you with a few romantic places where you and your Valentine are sure to have a great time. 

1. Ferris Wheel in Downtown Atlanta

You can go to a fancy-schmancy dinner in the city before and then make your way over to the Ferris Wheel, which actually gives you a great view of the city. 

2. The Westin in Downtown Atlanta

This hotel combined with a restaurant on the top level of the building is the highest skyscraper in Atlanta. The restaurant at the top rotates, so you get a full view of the city at a birds-eye view. Not to mention, the food is awesome and in a good price range for Valentine’s Day. 

3. Last Resort

For those of you who would rather stay local, the Last Resort Grill is always a great go-to destination for a nice dinner in Downtown Athens. It would be fun to try all of their desserts because they’re SO good!

Wherever you end up, whether you go out with your date or decide to have a romantic night in, we don’t doubt that your Valentine’s Day will be one for the books. Happy V-Day, collegiettes! 

I am a sophomore at UGA studying Mass Media with minors in French and Fashion Merchandising. GO DAWGS!
Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).