No Football Game? No Problem: 7 Things to Do During a Bye Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

In a football-crazed college town, what’s a collegiette to do when there’s no home game? Everyone has gone home, and you’re stuck wondering how to spend your Saturday. Check out these tips to keep yourself entertained this weekend

1.  Pamper Yourself

This, Collegiettes, is the ideal Saturday. Turn on your favorite movie, put on a new coat of nail polish and slather a mask on your face. Run a bath, and just chill. Check out our guide to DIY your very own spa day.!

2.  Go Downtown

Downtown on a desolate weekend may not be your first idea, but use it to your benefit! No football means no out-of-towners, so the night scene might not be as crowded. During the day, go to a few new places. Stay away from Starbucks, Five Guys, and (ohh-so-good) Thai Spoon and try out another place to eat!

3.  Hang at Sandy Creek Park

Get out of your apartment, grab a group of friends and play Ultimate Frisbee at Sandy Creek. Better yet, just chill out and read, a.k.a. my idea of paradise.

4. Work extra hours

This may be for the down and desperate, but getting money seems like a good way to spend your time. Toughen up, put on that uniform and march into work. Trust me, you’ll be thankful you worked those extra hours when you see your next pay check!

5.  Go to the Georgia Museum of Art

We are lucky enough to have this museum located right on campus. Take the time to see its collections. There is no doubt that viewing these pieces will help you grow culturally and have a new appreciation for those who carry a paintbrush and easel.

6. Hit the books

Let’s get real; no one really likes to study but it has to get done! Our week is full of classes, work, meetings, and nights out. Spending one weekend on statistics and Spanish can only boost our G.P.A.!

7. Netflix

Your laptop is your best friend! There is absolutely nothing wrong with spending a couple hours in bed, cuddling your laptop charger and catching up with Nick and Jess on New Girl.

There it is, Collegiettes, seven ways to spend your no-football-weekend. Whether you spend your day studying, seeing art, or putting in hours, this chill weekend will give you time to rest up for the next game! Go Dawgs!

Denise is a junior majoring in Journalism at the University of Georgia. When she is not checking e-mails, Denise enjoys baking, making to-do-lists, and looking through blogs. A few of her favorite things are volunteering, collages, magazines, and s'mores. Her goals are to travel to a different country and give her parents a dream vacation. Follow her on Twitter (@heydenisenadine) or Instagram (@denisenadine)!
A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter