Life > Experiences

I Tried Starbucks’ New Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a certified caffeine addict and coffee connoisseur, so the yearly release of the Starbucks fall menu is, naturally, one of the highlights of August. This year, the company released a new addition to their fall collection: the iced apple crisp macchiato. Of course, I felt obligated to try it and give all of you an honest review.

I’ll admit that at first I was a bit skeptical. Apple-flavor mixed with coffee? It’s not exactly what I’d call an “obvious” combo. But never knock something until you try it, so I drove on over and decided to judge it for myself. My first thought was that I tasted the coffee more than I figured I would, but even so, it was still very sweet. In my opinion, the apple flavor is subtle; the brown sugar is more prominent, and the combination reminded me a lot of a homemade apple pie.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty nice fall-themed drink, though it was a bit too sweet for my taste. If you’re looking to shake up the pumpkin spice craze but still want that classic fall flavor, give the iced apple crisp macchiato a try! Let us know what you think!

Presley is a senior at the University of Georgia and one of the Campus Correspondents for her Her Campus chapter. She is pursuing a double major in criminal justice and psychology, as well as a minor in Italian, and she hopes to attend law school after graduation. She plans to someday become a criminal prosecutor. When she's not binge-watching Law and Order, she's studying languages, literature, or music.