He’s Not Into You Moron

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

For hundreds of years girls have been trying to attract what they believe to be their future husbands. These boys are either school mates or coworkers or even random hotties on the street, but whoever they were you though at the time that they could be the one. You may have even believed it for some time until the unbelievable happened…he dumped you. He threw you out like last week’s trash and you were completely devastated. But the truth is, it was a long time coming. This heartbreak didn’t just fly out of nowhere, there were signs. You probably ignored them; telling yourself that it was just stress or that it was all in your head.  Well I’m here to point out some these little habits and hopefully save the next poor sap from falling into depression and eating her weight in ice cream and brownie batter. So here we go:

1.      He’s “Too Busy” to Come Over: This is a classic sign that things may not be as perfect as they appear. Suddenly your beau is too busy to come over for a movie night or a night out downtown. He’s got homework or had a long day at work. The truth is, if he wanted to come over it wouldn’t matter how tired he was. If he wanted to be with you he’d drag his half-beaten body down a road paved with broken glass just to spend the night with you.  A guy spends his time where he wants, which may not be with you.

2.      All’s Quiet on the Texting Front: You’ve had a bad day, a good day, or maybe just a boring day and you text him. Why wouldn’t you text him, he’s your guy. But you notice that there’s nothing coming from his end. You look down and notice that all those little green bubbles are completely lonely due to his lack of responses. Again, if he cared about how your day was going or wanted to set up plans for that night he would communicate. So if you see that all the conversation is coming from you, that you begin every conversation, then chances are he’s already on his way out the door.

3.      A Romp Doesn’t Entice Him Anymore: Let’s say you’re felling extra frisky today and decide that you’d like to get a little hot and bothered tonight with your boy, the problem is he doesn’t seem too into it. I had a guy for a while and we couldn’t keep our hand off of each other. Every time we were close to each other it started a fire that neither of us could put out, our clothes quickly fell to the floor. But then I noticed that he started to go longer and longer without having to ravage me. Then pretty soon he didn’t come over at all. I even drunk texted him a time or two promising him a good time and yet, nothing.  A guy never passes up free hot sex with his #1 gal unless he’s sick of you.

4.      He’s Always Drunk: Other than this also being a major health concern and safety risk this is never a good sign for a relationship. Now when you guys go out he has got to get obliterated. It seems as though he needs liquid libation just to tolerate your company. If you guys can’t spend one night together completely sober then you may need to pull the plug on this union.  A guy will want to drink you in, not Yeager bombs and Miller High Lifes.

5.      That Other Girl Is Way Too Close: Now if you girls are like me then you know that guys have a wandering eye. Yet I know that as long as the eyes are the only thing wandering I’m not too upset. But when his hands and other extremities start to find other comforts then I worry. If his noticing and flirting seems to have kicked up a notch then I’d say you’re gonna be single by next week. Sure guys like the idea of “greener grass” but if a guy is really into you then he’s not concerned with the girl hiking her dress up at the bar.

So there you are. Sure these aren’t all the signs but in my years on the man hunt these are the most common and most significant. The point is that if you can’t seem to hold his attention anymore, then stop wasting your time. Guys will keep what they want; why do you think they still have all those high school jerseys and that letterman jacket? If they didn’t want them they’d throw them out. So your job is to dump him before he gets the chance to dump you. Breaking the tie first will not only put him in his place but also lessen the blow you’ll have to deal with later. Save yourself some heartache and dump the asshole. If he’s not into you then you’re wasting your time and your bed sheets. So do yourself a favor, and get rid of him and start the hunt for the next possibility.

I am a public relations major at UGA. I love what I do and have big plans for my future! I love to write and read anything. I hope to one day make a difference in this big ol' world of ours