Here are Some Simple Study Snacks to Get You Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

We all know that when it comes to finals season, chugging insane amounts of caffeine and craving everything salty and/or sweet under the sun pretty much defines a college student’s lifestyle. Sure, you could say that caffeine and carbs are already staples of college students’ diets, but when it comes to finals, it’s even more important to take care of yourself both physically and mentally. According to Snacknation.com and NAU Canada Online, some of the best choices for study snacks include almonds, dark chocolate, air-popped popcorn, frozen grapes, fruit salad, veggies and hummus, apples with nut butter, and smoothies. In preparation for finals time, I’ve compiled a list of some easy recipes for study snacks that’ll be sure to keep you focused and your stomach satisfied. I am not a nutritionist, so don’t think that these snacks are the end-all-be-all; I’m just trying to offer up some suggestions!

Popped Popcorn
Kirby Barth / Spoon

For when you’re craving something salty, try:

Who said veggies had to be boring? Try flavoring some vegetables with a sprinkle of seasoning to satisfy your salt craving. However, too much salt in one sitting can lead to effects like bloating and dehydration, so be cautious of how much sodium you take in! 

1. Air Fryer Zucchini Fries (from Sweet Peas and Saffron)

2. Crispy Kale Chips (from Culinary Hill)

3. Crispy Garlic Bread Chickpeas (from The Garlic Diaries)

4. Crispy Snack Edamame (from Apple of my Eye)

5. Easy Greek Yogurt Dips – 3 Ways (from Family Fresh Meals)

Pretty smoothie bowl surrounded by fruit.
Photo by Trang Doan from pexels

For when you have a sweet tooth, try:

Fruits and dark chocolate are the best way to go when it comes to satisfying a sweet tooth craving when studying. Too much sugar can lead to a energy crash later on!

1. Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries (from Fresh Family Meals)

2. Salted Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Slices (from Deliciously Yum)

3. Chocolate Coconut Pineapple Pops (from EatWell101)

4. Strawberry Energy Balls (from EatWell101)

5. No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Bars (from EatWell101)

And for when you want a drink, I recommend a smoothie!

Find some fun recipes and ingredient combinations here:

1. 4 Easy Smoothies You Can Make in Your Dorm (from Spoon University)

2. 10 Breakfast Smoothie Ideas For College Students On The Go (from Society19)

Also, I’d just like to add that most of these recipes are nut-free or offer nut butter substitutes because I myself am allergic to tree nuts. Alternatives to nut butters can include sunflower seed butter, tahini, and soynut butter. However, in conclusion, these recipes are pretty hassle free and can be done in a pinch, even made before a big night of studying. Whether you’re studying by yourself or with a group of pals, I hope you try out some of these snacks this finals season, and I wish you the best of luck on all your assignments!

Kayla is a Communication Studies and Entertainment & Media Studies (EMST) double-major, with a Women's Studies minor. She enjoys good music, Marvel movies, and Tik Toks. In the rare moments where she's not writing, watching, or listening to something, you can catch her hiking outdoors, eating good food, and spending time with family and friends.