Five Shows to Watch on Netflix Right Now that are Actually Good

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

We’ve all attempted watching something on Netflix, which resulted in going on our phones for two episodes and then giving up. However, these are shows you should consider watching in full because they are genuinely entertaining, I can confirm. Here is a list of 5 shows with a little bit of darkness, humor, mystery, and lightheartedness so lovers of all genres can enjoy. 

Outer Banks Season 2

I mean, it’s all the rage. The Outer Banks saga is one bandwagon you should hop on. For real, get your head out of the gutter, John B. 

Manifest 

We aren’t talking about daily manifestations – either. This show is one turbulent ride. If you’ve seen the show, you should understand that joke. 

All American

With Season 3 now released – it’s time to watch this masterpiece. This show talks about essential topics from family ties, romance, and political messages while churning the drama every episode.

Never Have I Ever 

Ok, this show has a little bit of “The Kissing Booth” vibes – but I’m ok with that. It’s cute, heartwarming, and reminds you of your first love. However, it still shines a light on challenging topics like losing a loved one. 

Ginny & Georgia

This show is a story of a mother and daughter, but it comes with many other darker layers intertwined. You have to keep peeling them back, and eventually, the show leaves you wondering what will happen next in true cliffhanger style. 

Caroline is a senior at the University of Georgia studying journalism and international affairs. One day, she aspires to be a copywriter, editor, or UX writer. She thoroughly enjoys writing, sushi, cats, coffee, and long walks to her refrigerator.