This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Finals week is a stressful time for every college student. Between group projects, all-nighters and 10 page papers, it can drive you to be a bit of a Grinch even with holiday cheer all around you. Don’t worry though… finals brings out the Grinch in all of us. If you never understood why the Grinch acts how he does, you will after your first college finals season, because how the Grinch feels about Christmas is exactly how you feel about finals!

When you have to schedule every minute of your life so you can get everything done…

When someone asks you how you’re doing and you just lose it…

When your professor reminds you that the final is cumulative…

When you have to take a break or your head will explode…

When your fellow group members aren’t pulling their weight on the project…

When you start to have a mental breakdown over how much material you have to learn in the next two days…

When someone asks you if you’re already done with finals and you have to laugh because it will never be over…

When you find any excuse not to study…

When you haven’t seen your friends in a week because you’re all so busy…

When the material you’re studying finally makes sense…

When you turn in your last project and get to finally go out and celebrate…

Finals can turn anyone into a Grinch, but don’t worry, they’ll be over soon!

Caitlyn is a fourth year student at the University of Georgia. She is pursuing a double degree in journalism and women's studies with a new media certificate and an interdisciplinary writing certificate. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UGA. Caitlyn spends her free time drinking tea, being a book worm, and imagining new fictional characters to write about.