Campus Celebrity: Leah LaRoe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Say hello to Leah LaRoe! This week’s goofy campus celebrity can be spotted anywhere on campus as long as there’s a little music and dancing involved.

Leah is a senior majoring in Communications and Broadcast Journalism major from East Atlanta, Georgia. When she’s not working hard mastering the UGA curriculum, she can be found choreographing many of the popular dances showcased at campus events by Pamoja Dance Company.

As a choreographer and Dance Troupe Coordinator for Pamoja Dance Company, a model for Infinite Appeal, and recently being accepted into UGA’s Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, Leah considers herself a triple threat, having a passion for modeling, acting, and dancing.

After graduation, she hopes to take some time off to teach choreography at a major dance studio in the Atlanta area. However, Leah wastes no time making it clear to everyone what her real passion is.

“I’m a triple threat and I definitely hope to make it big in the music industry!” LaRoe declares.

That’s right! Leah is also an aspiring singer/songwriter. Most of her time is spent putting her vocals to work on her own personal YouTube channel titled, none other than, LeahLaRoe. Her channel features covers of popular songs by Adele, Jamie Foxx, and Melanie Fiona.

“Right now I’m an Indie recording artist, but one day I really hope to become an influential R&B/pop singer.” says LaRoe.

Wherever she ends up in life, I guarantee that I can’t wait to see what’s in store for this collegiette!

Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).