Life > Experiences

8 Galentine’s Day Gift Ideas to Show Your Friends Some Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

I’d like to take a moment to thank Leslie Knope for popularizing Galentine’s Day, where we celebrate the leading ladies in our lives — let’s be honest, most of the time, they’ve been around longer than the guys. Mugs and candles work great for a while as go-to gifts, but at some point your friends are going to run out of cabinet space in their apartment. Here are a few options for gifts for your gals that won’t break the bank but still show how much you love them!

Homemade baked goods!

Who doesn’t love homemade treats? Cookies or brownies take some time to make, but they’re honestly pretty cheap and taste amazing! Just grab some cute packaging from the dollar store, and you’re all set!

Personalized stickers for their laptop!

This is a really good way to show your friends that you know their likes and interests — whether it’s a cause they care about, a club they’re a part of, or an inside joke between you, they’re sure to love it. Redbubble, Society6, and Etsy are all great places to start your search.

A gift card to their favorite local coffee shop!

Sure, it’s a gift card, but who doesn’t love to get a free latte? $5 should be plenty for a drink (and a little bit off of their next one, too!), and they’ll think of you when they’re enjoying their caffeine buzz! Better yet, go to the coffee shop together to spend some one-on-one time with them — especially if you haven’t had a chance to do so in a while! Plus, you’d be supporting local businesses, which is always a win!

Host a mini spa day!

You could go all-out with this, or just grab a bulk pack of face masks from Amazon to share with your friends! Homemade face masks with natural ingredients (like honey or oatmeal) are actually super easy to make, too, if you want to make the masks together and then try them out! You could paint nails and do salt or sugar scrubs, too!

Their favorite candy!

This requires some recon beforehand, but surprising your friends with something you know they’ll love is a no-brainer! Plus, don’t we all kind of miss getting all that candy like we did in elementary school? Add a handwritten card, and your friends will be calling you the sweetest!

A little succulent!

Having plants really livens up small places like dorms or apartments, and succulents are so easy to take care of and look super cute! Plus, the pun options are endless (“my life would succ without you,” “aloe you vera much,” “you’re stuck with me,” etc., you get the idea)! Trader Joe’s always seems to have a good supply of them, as well as most stores with gardening sections.

An initial necklace!

It’s personalized but not so difficult to find that it’ll break your budget! You can pick gold, silver, or rose gold, as well as the shape of the necklace to personalize it to your friends’ tastes. I love this rose gold bar option from Amazon, but there are tons of other designs out there, too!

Fun matching socks!

Who doesn’t need another pair of socks? Especially when it’s a pair that you and all of your friends can rock. It’s matchy-matchy, but not over the top! Pick a cute pattern, and your friends will love you for it.

I hope you spend your Galentine’s Day with your closest gal-pals and that they love you like Leslie loves Ann! Even if you don’t exchange gifts, make sure to thank your friends for everything they do for you!

Laura is a fourth-year Communication Studies major with a Spanish minor at UGA. She spent a semester working at Disney and can say with confidence that lovebugs are not as great as the iconic Jonas Brothers song made them out to be.