Style

8 DIY Halloween Costume Ideas For You and Your BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s “Spooky Season,” ladies! Halloween is fast approaching, and if you’re still looking for costume ideas for you and your BFF, here is a list of DIY costumes to help you brainstorm:

Woody & Buzz

The cowboy and the superhero! For Woody, you can wear a pair of jeans, cowboy boots, a yellow long-sleeved shirt and a brown cowboy hat. For Buzz, you can wear purple shorts, white leggings, a white long-sleeved shirt with a green tank top and a purple headband.

Velma & Daphne

The ultimate detectives of the gang! For Daphne, you can wear a short purple dress with a light purple belt, pink panty hose, purple flats, a green scarf and a purple headband. For Velma, you can wear a red skirt, an orange turtleneck sweater, orange pantyhose, red shoes and a pair of glasses.

Mike & Sully

For Sully, you can wear a blue t-shirt or dress and decorate it with purple spots. For Mike, you can wear a green t-shirt or dress and decorate it with his iconic eye. For monsters, they sure are cute and cuddly!

Blair & Serena

Hey Upper East Siders, you can dress as your favorite Manhattan gals! For Blair, you want to go for a sophisticated school girl look. Wear a dark pleated skirt with a long-sleeve, white button down shirt tucked in. Also, wear a bright colored headband and knee high socks to complete the look. For Serena, you’re aiming for a laid-back, rebel school girl look. Either wear a pleated or pencil skirt, and pair it with a white button down shirt and a loose tie around the neck. XOXO, Gossip Girl.

SpongeBob & Patrick

The best BFFs in Bikini Bottom! For SpongeBob, wear a pair of brown shorts with a white belt, a yellow top, a red tie and some white knee high socks with blue and red stripes at the top. For Patrick, wear green shorts decorated with purple cutout flowers, a pink top and pink shoes. You can also cover a birthday cone hat with a pink piece of paper to create the top of the star!

Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy

Another iconic duo from the “SpongeBob SquarePants” series! For Mermaid Man, wear a pair of black shorts with green pantyhose, a gold belt with a cutout “M” on the front, an orange top decorated with purple cutout shells and green kitchen gloves. For Barnacle Boy, wear a pair of black shorts with a red long sleeved top, blue kitchen gloves, a blue scarf and a white sailor’s hat.

Lilo & Stitch

One of the best Disney besties! For Lilo, wear a red sleeveless dress and decorate it with white cutout palm leaves. Also, wear black sandals and a green Hawaiian lei necklace. For Stitch, wear a dark blue t-shirt or dress and cutout a giant light blue circle for the middle. Also decorate a headband with a foam pink and blue cutout of his ears!  

Marilyn Monroe & Audrey Hepburn

You can never go wrong with this iconic duo! For Marilyn, wear a halter neck white dress with a pair of white heels. You can also wear large white pearl earrings. For Audrey, wear a sleeveless black dress with long black gloves, a pearl necklace and a tiara.

Remember to have a fun and safe Halloween! xoxo

Jenna is a Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies student at the University of Georgia. She transferred to UGA her 3rd year of college and has been enjoying it ever since. Her hobbies include traveling, writing, exploring UGA's campus, cheering on the Dawgs every Saturday, going on downtown Athens dates with her best friends, and high-key stanning the contestants on The Bachelorette (#TeamTylerC).