This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

In honor of the University of Georgia’s seven home football games this season, here are seven types of fans you can find on game days.

1) Hardcore Fan “LET’S GO [insert team name here].”–The name speaks for itself, these are the people that are front and center at every game, fully covered in body paint. They know every chant possible for their team and usually start these chants in the hope that others will join in. Their goal is to get everyone as pumped as they are. These fans will arrive hours early to wait for the gates to open and be some of the lasts to leave.

2) Party Animal Fan “Did you say football? Because I heard beer pong.”–Once the schedule comes out for football season, these fans are already planning tailgates. They are most likely the people you hang with before going out to celebrate the win (or to help forget the loss).

3) Know-It-All Fan “Did you know [players name here] led the Georgia Bulldogs to a national title in 1980? It all started in 1978 when…” If you automatically knew the significance of 1980 or 1978, you’re probably a true know-it-all fan. These fans know everything about their team’s past and present. They know who has left and what team they’re on now, and who’s being considered for recruitment. To top it all off, they usually know the strengths and weaknesses of every other team in the league. If you’re into fantasy football, you might want to consider grabbing coffee with them…(FUN FACT: In 1978, Freshman Buck Belue helped the Georgia Bulldogs win against Georgia Tech after being down 20-0, and eventually helped them win the national title in 1980.)

4) Insufferable Cocky Fan “Refs, you suck!!!”–You can hear them a mile away. These are the fans that have so much faith in the team they support, that they blame anyone and anything before admitting the team they support messed up. When they realize their team messed up, this is when they are the most quiet (how long this will last varies on the mistake made by the team).

5) Bandwagon Fan “They haven’t lost a game yet so I guess I’ll cheer for them. Red looks better on me anyway *throws away all things orange*.”–Hop on in! These fans are not the type to commit, and if they do…who knows how long it will last. You can find them with all the cool gear. They usually know all the names of the starters, but they know the most about their favorite player.

6) Event-Attending Fan “There’s a game this Saturday?! I need a new outfit!”–This fan is known for going to anything that’s big and being talked about. They are the most dressed up and the first to post on Instagram. They most likely don’t pay much attention to the game and only know the quarterback’s name, and maybe a few others.

7) Average Fan “It’s gameday!”–If you don’t fall under any of the fan categories listed above, you’re most likely an average fan. You’re there to enjoy the game, but also have a good time.

No matter what type of fan you are, good luck to whatever team(s) you decide to cheer on this season!

But most importantly…..

GO DAWGS!!!

"Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world." -Brene Brown| Future Broadcaster| As always...Go Dawgs! Yours Truly, V ♡