This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Spring Break is right around the corner! So, that means sun-tanning, sightseeing at new places, being with your friends, but most of all, it means road trips. Whether you’re going just two hours away back home or you are going across America with your friends, you’re probably going to need some basic necessities. One of those basic necessities is going to probably be snacks.

Having the right snack during a long road trip could make it worthwhile. So, here is a list of some of the best snacks you can munch on during your Spring Break road trip.

1. Candy​

Who doesn’t love candy? Candy is extremely important during a road trip (that’s why it’s number one on the list). You’re going to need some sugary sweetness to keep you alive and awake during a long trip.

2. Chips

Chips are just something broad because everyone has their favorite bag of chips. Whether it’s regular Lay’s chips or you’re having a craving for Flaming Hot Cheetos, picking up a bag of chips should be in your road trip shopping list.

3. Drinks

You’re going to need something to wash down all the candy and chips. Drinks are another road trip must-have. Drinking water is what’s best, just to stay hydrated, but going for a good soft drink or a sports drink wouldn’t be too bad to bring too.

4. Granola Bars

With all this junk food, it wouldn’t hurt to add something that is a little bit healthy. Granola bars are something quick and easy to eat and they taste delicious. These bars will also keep you active and ready to go after the long road trip.

5. Kettle Corn

This sweet and salty snack is something that is a must-have in the snack bag for a road trip. Kettle corn is one of those little snacks that is quick to eat, doesn’t make a mess and is easy to share (if you feel like it). 

6. Chex Mix

If you’re the kind of person that wants everything for a snack, then Chex Mix is made for you. Chex Mix is just one of those snacks that literally has it all. From M&M’s to pretzels, this snack is another go-to for a road trip.

Last but not least…

7. Slurpee

This drink needed its own section because it’s hard to resist a Slurpee when you’re at the gas station. Since this is Spring Break and it may be hot during this time, you’re going to need something cool and refreshing to help beat the heat. And that’s where a Slurpee comes in.

With spring break just days away and people already planning where they want to go during the week of freedom, a road trip is inevitable. During this road trip, you’re going to get hungry and you just need a good snack to help you until you get to your destination. Snacks should be something easy and with this list, it just became easier. 

Thumbnail Photo by Juan Di Nella on Unsplash

Hello!! My name is Kemani Miles. I am a senior journalism major at the University of Georgia. I love reading books, especially romance novels, and listening to music (Coldplay!).