5 ways to celebrate friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

With Thanksgiving approaching, it’s important to give thanks to and celebrate the friends in your life. Friendsgiving is usually less formal and a little more fun than a traditional Thanksgiving! Here are 5 ways to gather with friends and celebrate this year!

cocktail party

Have everyone make fall-themed cocktails (or mocktails) and let everyone try new drinks! Coordinate and have some people bring hors d’oeuvres and finger foods to snack on.

Click here for fall-inspired cocktail recipes!

Pumpkin spice party

Celebrate fall’s best fruit, the pumpkin! Go all out with orange and pumpkin-themed decorations, pumpkin spice drinks and cocktails, pumpkin dishes, and more! 

Click here for pumpkin recipe inspiration! 

Board night

Instead of having a classic charcuterie board, coordinate and have everyone bring different themed boards! Taco board, smores board, brunch board, etc… 

Click here for board inspiration!

bonfire

Light up a bonfire, roast marshmallows, swap memories you’re thankful for, and more. Grill dinner, have lots of blankets for guests, and drink hot chocolate! 

Click here for more bonfire ideas. 

Potluck

Host a classic potluck! Have everyone bring traditional Thanksgiving sides (the host usually provides the turkey). Mix it up and have some guests bring cocktails, desserts, appetizers, etc. Enjoy a delicious dinner with friends and celebrate together! 

Click here for more Friendsgiving ideas! 

There are lots of ways to celebrate and be with those you’re thankful for this year, but even if you can’t be with them, make sure to tell your loved ones that you’re thankful for them this year!

I am a first year studying Graphic Design and Business Marketing! I have a passion for the arts and volunteer service. I love photography, making playlists, and animals!