This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

I don’t know about y’all, but I don’t remember seeing anything about a new Phineas and Ferb movie until it popped up in Disney Plus’s “newly added” section. As someone with a younger geeky brother, Phineas and Ferb was on a LOT in my house growing up, which I didn’t really mind! Phineas and Ferb gave us high-quality songs like Squirrels in my Pants, Gitchee Gitchee Goo, and of course, that iconic theme song! The show was always super creative and went in directions I never would have thought of as they developed each of their lovable characters. I mean, a secret agent platypus alone would probably make for a good show! With nothing else to do, I sat down and watched Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe. Here’s why you should too.

The Nostalgia

It honestly felt like no time had passed since I last watched a Phineas and Ferb episode! I remembered the friend dynamics and inside jokes with no problems. The only thing that threw me off a little was that a new voice actor is used for Ferb, but he doesn’t talk a bunch anyways so it wasn’t too big of an issue.

The Humor

Remember those inside jokes I mentioned? Some of them are actually funny! Not just kid-level funny, either – it’s a lighthearted movie but the jokes and plot are clever enough to keep even an adult entertained.

The Music

Of course, it wouldn’t be a Phineas and Ferb movie without some good songs! I loved the intro song “Such a Beautiful Day” as it perfectly reminded the audience of Candace’s character. There are more good ones on there, but I’ll let you discover them for yourself!

The Escape from 2020

Okay, this one is a little darker, but hear me out – this movie is the perfect way to feel like you’re a kid again! It’s just like it’s a Saturday night and you’re tuning in at 8/7c to watch the newest Disney Channel Original Movie. No pandemic (or election!) talk; just saving the world from an alien takeover. No biggie.

The Message

At the end of the day, this movie is about recognizing the friends and family we have around us for what they’re worth. Being a family (especially right now) can mean spending a ton of time together and it can be easy to forget that our families actually do love us and want what’s best for us.

If you’re looking for a good old-fashioned family feature film, look no further than Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe. Continuing from the series, its zany creativity makes it a fun watch for anyone, not just children. At the end of the day, I guess I’m busted: I’m a college student who’s a huge fan of Phineas and Ferb!

Laura is a fourth-year Communication Studies major with a Spanish minor at UGA. She spent a semester working at Disney and can say with confidence that lovebugs are not as great as the iconic Jonas Brothers song made them out to be.