4 Tips For Becoming Instagram Famous

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Instagram first launched back in 2010, now eight years later with roughly around 500 million active users, Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks in the world along with Facebook and YouTube. It has become a top platform for entrepreneurs and business owners to promote brands and communicate with their customers.

Plenty of Instagram influencers including non-celebrities are also on for the ride, racking up anything from $300 to $500,000 per post.

Here are some tips on becoming Insta-famous!

1. Consistency is key

Companies and other sponsors only hire people with a big following base. The more followers you have, the more offers you get and the more you can charge. So how do you gain followers you may ask? By consistently and regularly posting photos, then tag brands in your photos with their products in your photos.

2. You need a theme

This is the simplest way to visually begin branding yourself or business, plus it’s pretty!

3. Aesthetics are important

We are visual creatures! We are naturally drawn to things that are visually appealing, so invest in a good photo editing app. Here are just a few: Afterlight (plays with contrasts, tones, and saturation), VSCO (for filters), and Facetune (sublte touch-ups).

4. Good captions​ 

What message do you want to send or what are you feeling at the moment? A good caption can get you more likes and followers, so add some personality and context to your feed. It’s more fun that way!

Although not every person who creates an account on Instagram begins earning a living, with these tips your feed is bound to look amazing!

Image Sources: [1, 2, 3, 4]

I'm a second year at the University of Georgia.