This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Deadly Class is a new series on SYFY about a school for assassins. It is based off of a comic book series of the same name by Rick Remender. The plot starts off when Marcus, a homeless orphan, is recruited into Kings Dominion to learn how to kill people who deserve to die. He makes friends and enemies along the way and there is never a dull moment. Here are some reasons you should be watching Deadly Class.

1. See a different side of Lana Condor

Everyone knows Lana Condor as Lara Jean Covey from Netflix’s hit movie To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. Lara Jean is sweet, innocent and all around a great person. Lana Condor’s character, Saya, is not. Saya is the top of her class at Kings Dominion and is a girl you don’t want to mess with. She has tattooed arms, wears leather and generally is disinterested in everything. She is the exact opposite of Lara Jean in every way and yet Condor plays the role flawlessly. Watch one episode of Deadly Class and you’ll see that Saya is to die for. At least Marcus seems to think so…

2. True to the comics

Deadly Class is based on a comic book series that has been updating monthly since 2014. The creator of the comics, Rick Remender, is also working on the show to make sure it stays as close to the original story as possible. So far the show is like the comics and has come to life with only minor changes being made to the plot. So if you love accurate book-to-screen adaptations, read the comics then check out the show.

3. Every character is attractive

This class is not only killer, but killer good-looking. From Benjamin Wadsworth as Marcus to María Gabriela de Faría as Maria, you will watch this show and wonder how anyone is allowed to be that attractive. Not to mention the whole cast looks exactly like their comic counterparts.

4. Full of action

This show is unpredictable in so many ways. Just when you think you know what is going to happen, they flip the script. It’s perfect for any action movie lover with the Russo Brothers, who are best known for working on Marvel’s Captain America series, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: End Game. Benedict Wong, another familiar Marvel face, plays the headmaster of Kings Dominion in Deadly Class. The action movie legends live up to their reputations and deliver an action-packed television show.  

Download the SYFY app or go to SYFY’s website to catch up on the first two episodes and tune in on Wednesdays at 10/9c to see who makes it out of this school year alive!

Caitlyn is a fourth year student at the University of Georgia. She is pursuing a double degree in journalism and women's studies with a new media certificate and an interdisciplinary writing certificate. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UGA. Caitlyn spends her free time drinking tea, being a book worm, and imagining new fictional characters to write about.