3 Cool Places to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Whether you’re looking for a place to celebrate this St. Patrick’s Day or not, you can’t deny that these cities know how to throw a killer St. Patty’s Party!

1. New Orleans, LA 

NOLA takes St. Patrick’s Day pretty seriously. If you want to party it up, then this is the place to be! They start early in New Orleans, with parties and parades beginning March 11th, and they celebrate the Patron Saint of Ireland until the beginning of April. There are no shortages of bars and pubs to get your drink on at, and plenty of parties to attend.

Want to do something more athletic? That’s great! The city also hosts an 8K Shamrockin’ Run on March 17th. 

2. Savannah, GA

Savannah is always a great place to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! There’s a River St. festival each year that includes tons of vendors, plenty of booze, and even concerts!

Another cool thing about being in Savannah on St. Patrick’s Day is that all of the water in the fountains are dyed green! There’s no shortage of fun and excitement. 

3. Atlanta, GA 

Atlanta also has a St. Patrick’s Day celebration that draws tons of people each year. There’s a parade down Peachtree Street as well as many celebrations in many bars and restaurants. There’s also an event called Shamrockin’ for a Cure at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre to benefit cystic fibrosis research that includes lots of food, drink and dancing. Another fun event is the St. Patrick’s Day Parade 5K. All finishers over 21 receive a free draft Guinness or Blonde from Fado Irish Pub after the race! 

Have a safe and fun St. Patrick’s Day, no matter how you celebrate!

Hi, my name is Rachel! I am a 4th year student at the University of Georgia studying English. My goal is to become a Special Education English teacher. I enjoy music, movies, her two cats, and hiking with her boyfriend in the mountains of North Georgia. Currently I work at a local school in their After School program, interacting and tutoring Middle School children. I have a passion for animals and someday hope to open my own animal rescue. My kitties, Calypso and Harley, are my heart and have really helped me develop a passion for helping animals in need.