This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

2020 is here, and it’s not just a new year. It’s also a new decade. The next ten years hold an infinite number of possibilities and opportunities for each one of us. As we dive headfirst into the next decade of our lives, here are 20 things to do in the 2020s.

Travel somewhere new.

The world is boundless, and there are so many beautiful places to see. Step out of your comfort zone, and visit somewhere new, even if it is just the next state over.

Learn a new language.

Learning a new language is like unlocking another part of the world. You’ll be able to communicate with those you never would’ve been able to before, and it broadens your cultural awareness. On top of that, it’s also great for strengthening your brain.

Try out a new hobby.

Hobbies give us a break from the stresses of our daily lives and allow us to express ourselves in creative ways. This could be crafting, writing, painting, or anything that eases your spirit and lets you relax.

Experiment with cooking new dishes.

Cooking is a vital skill, and it’s that much more fun to experiment with different dishes. You could try a food from another culture, or maybe you’ll create a tasty twist on an old classic. Either way, the dinner party options are practically endless.

Master a new skill.

Whether you’ve already picked up on a new trade or haven’t quite figured out what you’re interested in yet, mastering a new skill only bolsters your life, not to mention it looks great on a resumé.

Read more books.

Have you ever heard the quote that “a reader lives a thousand lives?” Reading allows you to experience hundreds of adventures through a multitude of perspectives. It enhances your vocabulary, and it even sharpens your critical thinking skills.

Learn to play an instrument.

There are multiple studies showing that music and learning to play instruments do wonders for one’s mental agility. Even if you’re already a musician, it never hurts to expand your musical capacity. After all, music expresses what words will never be able to.

Try out a new sport.

It doesn’t matter if your hand-eye coordination is zero, trying out a new sport can be fun and exciting. It can keep you in shape, and you’ll have a bit of friendly competition to keep you sharp.

Achieve your fitness goals.

This is the decade of no more excuses. You want to run an 8-minute mile? Run it. You want to bench press your bodyweight? Do it. You want that six pack? Get it. Work toward your goals, and feel the accomplishment when you complete them.

Recycle more.

Even if you’ve already gone green, it never hurts to make even more of an effort. Be nice to our home, it’s the only one we’ve got.

Create your own fashion style.

Maybe you haven’t quite discovered your unique fashion sense yet, or perhaps you just want to revamp your style. Either way, update your wardrobe and style to suit who you are, new decade and all.

Eat healthier.

It’s really easy to get into the habit of fast food for all three meals of the day, but don’t fall into the trap. Eat more home cooked meals, and focus on the quality of food that you consume. You’ll feel better, and your body will thank you for it.

Drink more water.

You are 70% water, so stay hydrated. It keeps your skin clear, your mind awake, and your kidneys at work. More than that, it just helps your body to work as it should.

Grow your relationships.

Family, friends, and partners, they could all do with some growth. Life is too short to shut people out, so hold the people you care about close. Don’t be afraid to open your heart to those in your life.

Enrich your knowledge.

Having a wealth of knowledge is not just good for you, but it’s also good for society. You will see the world in an entirely different light, and your ideas will grow into realities that impact those around you.

Spend less, save more.

Grow your savings. With each paycheck, take a portion, and stick it in your savings account. Before you know it, your bank account will be growing more than ever. A little goes a long way.

Be mindful of your self-care.

Don’t forget to take care of yourself. Pay attention to both your physical and mental health. Develop a skincare routine. Get an ample amount of sleep. Journal each night before bed. Take a night once a week to dedicate entirely to yourself, curl up with a good book or movie, and relax.

Explore your home, city, and state.

Get to know your roots. Grab your camera and maybe a friend or two, and explore the place that you call home.

Appreciate the natural world.

Mankind’s inventions are brilliant, but don’t forget to appreciate the beauty of what’s right outside your window. Sunrises and sunsets, stars and skies, plants and animals, these are the little wonders of our Earth. Take time to enjoy them.

Love.

Love, love, love, and, above all, love. This world will be all the brighter and more beautiful if we all take the time to care about each other. To quote Cinderella, have courage and be kind. Trust me, it’s not that hard.

Pick one or two or even all of these to make your 2020s the best decade you’ve had.

Presley is a senior at the University of Georgia and one of the Campus Correspondents for her Her Campus chapter. She is pursuing a double major in criminal justice and psychology, as well as a minor in Italian, and she hopes to attend law school after graduation. She plans to someday become a criminal prosecutor. When she's not binge-watching Law and Order, she's studying languages, literature, or music.