12 Signs You’re a Book Addict

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Do you love books? Do you spend all of your free time reading them, collecting them, and obsessing over the fictional characters and places they create? If so, then this article is definitely for you! Here are twelve signs that you’re a book addict: 

1. You own more books than your room can hold 

2. And you spend hours organzing your shelves so that they’re displayed just right

3. You get more excited for an author going on tour than any band or musician 

4. You are definitely guilty of buying a book because it has a pretty cover

5. You’ve probably had to force yourself to go on a “book-buying-ban” at some point

6. But you caved the second you saw a new release in the store window 

7. You get super excited when you hear a book you like is being turned into a movie 

8. But then feel intense rage and disappointment when they don’t stay true to the original story

9. You go through a genuine period of mourning when a series you love ends 

10. But get an overwhelming feeling of happiness when you start reading a great new one

11. Finally, you are extremely confused any time someone tells you they don’t like to read…

12. Because to you, books are the world’s greatest gift and nothing will ever change that 

Sophomore at UGA. I am an English major, book-lover, and an aspiring novelist. I love traveling. I've been to twenty-six countries in the last six years, and I can't wait to explore more! Among other things I also enjoy photography, art, and sports.