12 Relatable Thoughts While Watching the First Episode of “You” on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Netflix recently starting streaming a new binge-worthy Lifetime series that puts traditional love stories to shame. You is a romantic thriller that has taken over the Internet and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The main character, played by Gossip Girl’s Penn Badgley, proves that love has no limits, and that a little Insta-stalking can come in handy. Here are some thoughts that probably ran through your head while watching the first episode.

*spoilers ahead*

1. I always knew Dan Humphrey would work at a book store.

2. Finally, a show that appreciates Instagram-snooping abilities.

3. Blinds? Curtains? Any sense of privacy?

4. How are these people always so ready for sex…does no one believe in foreplay anymore?

5. I wouldn’t give up my meatball sub for ANYONE.

6. If my stalker ever looked through my laptop, all they’d find is lecture notes and old selfies from 2010.

7. Am I the only one who always checks the shower for bugs (and stalkers) before I turn it on?

8. Paco deserves the entire world and nothing less.

9. Save yourself from imminent death, or risk it all to save your iPhone? Relatable choice, Beck…

10. In real life, Beck would have totally puked in the backseat of her Uber and been fined for it…

11. Telling a man you only use email is the soft rejection skill I’ve needed in my life.

12. “…and that’s how you eliminate the competition, Upper East Siders. XOXO, Gossip Girl.”

You makes your mind swirl with emotions about Joe Goldberg. The second season is bound to bring more drama and secrets!

Gabby Melfi is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UGA. She has been a member of Her Campus since her first semester in college. She is an Advertising major and Sociology minor. Her quirks include, but are not limited to: height under five feet, avid DVD collector, fast-food lover, cuddles animals she's allergic to, and obsessive thrift shopping.