halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
Style > Fashion

12 Halloween Costumes I Wanna See this Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

If you’re like me, spooky season is in full swing, so let’s get into it.

Scarecrow

We’ll start with a nice last-minute option that anyone can use (I’ve probably done this like three times). All you’d need is a flannel, jeans or overalls, and some eyeliner to draw stitches on your face. Some other good last-minute ideas are a Cat, Mouse, Witch, Athlete, Ghost, Angel/Devil, Sun/Moon, etc.

The Sanderson Sisters

A classic group costume that can easily be all-out or low-key! I LOVE this trendy, modernized idea of them (linked above). This is great especially because Hocus Pocus 2 just came out!

Cruella Deville

Fashionistas I’m talking to you. With Cruella, you can wear basically anything that’s bold and black, white, and/or red. What I love about this idea is that most of her outfits (thinking of the 2021 movie starring Emma Stone) aren’t really tied to gender at all. So men, women, non-binary folks, and anyone who wants to show off an amazing look — go for this! Bonus points if you can do the makeup linked above.

The Grinch

This is for those of us who are already counting down the days to Christmas — we see you! Pretty universal, so you can find a nice full costume to buy on Amazon, but it’s probably cheaper to buy pieces separately (green face paint, Santa hat, coat, etc). Or you could just dress in all green (leggings, socks, top, feather boa, wig, etc) and make it your own.

Elina and Bibble

This may be too niche for some but bear with me. Fairy costumes have been all over TikTok recently. Let’s take it up a notch and be Elina (Barbie in Barbie Fairytopia) and her adorable (unknown species) sidekick, Bibble! If you snag a bestie to be Bibble, think of combining Sully and Boo costumes from Monsters Inc. Blue t-shirt with pink dots like Sully, but cute, pigtails vibes like Boo, then just add wings!

Princess Peach and Daisy

Another bestie duo. All you need for this would be pink and yellow tennis dresses and two of these crown and amulet sets from Amazon. Super easy, super cute, and comfy. And if you’ve got more friends who want to join in, they can be any of the other Mario characters (Mario, Luigi, Yogi, Bowser, etc).

Elvis and Priscilla

I know this will be huge this year. We won’t get into their real-life, highly inappropriate marriage (she was 14 when they met, and he was 24), but they have some amazing looks throughout the years that we can copy now for an epic Halloween costume. This one in particular seems to be a crowd favorite.

Now for my favorites…
A Sky Dancer

I had no idea these were called this until recently, so no worries if you’re confused. Sky Dancers are the toys where you’d pull the string and this fairy would go flying around the room. I think this would be absolutely hilarious as a Halloween costume. It would take a lot of prep — painting cardboard or foam pieces for the “wings,” colored tights, tutus, the whole sha-bang. These ladies killed it!

Sexy Guy Fieri

This is too good. Somehow it became a trend to dress as Guy Fieri, Pitbull, and other male celebrities like that, so here’s my contribution to the trend. You’d need a short white or blonde wig, any (every) clothing item with flames on it, and some fishnets.

Corn

Everyone is obsessed with Tariq (aka the “It’s Corn” kid on TikTok), and his adorable interview about his love for vegetables (especially corn). What better way to support him than to be a literal ear of corn for Halloween?

Twilight Prom

Bella has some pretty ridiculous outfits throughout the Twilight saga. In my opinion, there is nothing more iconic, hilarious, and 2008 than this Bella Swan look. You’d need a blue dress, a cardigan, grey calf-length leggings, a single low-top converse, and a boot. (Play Demi Lovato’s “La la Land”)

and finally…
Katy Perry as a Hot Cheeto

HEAR ME OUT! If I show up at Frat Beach and someone is dressed like this, I would want to be their best friend. And I already found this exact costume for you at Spirit Halloween and Amazon. After that, you’d only need red leggings or tights, red shoes, and a bag of flamin’ hot Cheetos, and you’re set to make everyone smile this year.

So, there you have it! I hope to see y’all slay these looks, and I can’t wait to see what other costumes people come up with this year ✨
Happy haunting!

Sydney is a Journalism and Theatre major with a minor in Political Science at UGA. She loves all things pop culture, politics, nature, and self-improvement/healing! You can almost always find her on campus diving in to a good book or grabbing a coffee at Starbucks or Jittery Joes.