#WomanCrushWednesday: Ellen DeGeneres

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The positive accolades that can be accredited to Ellen DeGeneres are innumerable. Everyone loves Ellen! She is probably one of the most lovable celebrities ever. Her show is a cable TV staple, and I love her so much that I regularly stalk her website for ticket opportunities.  For years, Ellen has been gracing us with her hilarity, and it’s time for us to appreciate this great and wonderful human. This lovable lady turned 57 last week, so here are just a few reasons why we love Ellen so much.

She hosted the best Oscars ever in 2014, where she took the most popular/gorgeous selfie of all time! Oh hey there, Bradley Cooper!

Ordering pizza for everyone really shows where Ellen’s priorities lie. Pizza is high up on the priority list for a lot of us.

And who could forget her generosity? It seems like she is always giving something away.

She also gave us one of the best animated characters of all time: Dory! I’m pretty sure she’s speaking whale here.

And in response to some homophobic ridiculousness when someone said she was hypnotizing people, Ellen parodied the remarks in the greatest way.

She gives amazing life advice.

Additionally, her wife, Portia de Rossi, is completely glamorous and they make a beautiful couple.

Ellen is hilarious in the best way imaginable. She makes everyone laugh without offending or hurting anyone’s feelings.

As a birthday gift, we should all follow Ellen’s entertaining Instagram account, @theellenshow. She has the best #TBTs I’ve ever seen. We can all learn a lot from Ellen. Her easy-going way of making everyone laugh while being inoffensive is a great trait. She is kind, giving and humble. Ellen, you’re a woman to be admired and emulated. In my heart, you’ll always be my #WCW.