Style

Where to Find Cute Halloween Costumes on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

October is finally upon us, as is the hunt for the perfect Halloween costume. It’s hard to come up with ideas of what to be for Halloween, especially if you’re trying to DIY a costume. Buying costumes is typically more expensive depending on where you shop for them, so this leads to scouring the thrift stores and party aisles for costume pieces.

Through some research, I found great options for places you can try for the right Halloween costume either to buy whole or to help you make it yourself! These options are not only super cute, but they’re fairly affordable, so you don’t have to worry about spending too much money on a one-night costume.

Where You Can Buy Cute Costumes

The places I found in a a quick search won’t break the bank and will definitely help you to look cute on Halloween.

Yandy

This is a website with several different costumes that are all super cute. On the cheaper side, you can also find costume sets, so you don’t have to spend too much money on a full costume for just one night — and let’s be real, Halloween is a week-long extravaganza, so there’s no need to splurge on just one outfit.

Blue Gingham Dress Costume ($39.95)

Fashion Nova

Fashion Nova is a fashion website that sells a variety of clothing options throughout the year. It has become even more popular recently from endorsements by celebrities. Even though it may just seem like a website to buy your everyday clothes from, you can also find really cute costumes around Halloween time. They sell full costumes as well as accessories, so you don’t have to worry about finding a complete costume.

Pretty Pixie Costume ($44.99)

Party City

Most people know of Party City because it’s a one-stop shop for party essentials. During Halloween time, Party City also sells many costumes worth giving a try.

Adult Marilyn Monroe Costume ($19.99)

Where You Can Find Clothes to DIY Costumes

Sometimes you may not want to pay for a full costume because it’s pricier than making it yourself, or maybe the costume you have in mind just can’t be found in a store. DIY costumes are definitely your thing if you want to spend a little less on a Halloween costume and have the freedom to make it entirely your own.

Forever 21

Everyone knows of Forever 21 because its prices make for wallet-friendly purchases. What you might not have thought about is its cute accessories and clothing pieces for building the perfect Halloween costume. Pick through the accessory section at the check-out counter or browse the shockingly cheap jewelry for some added details!

Velvet Leopard Print Crop Top ($9.99) and Leopard Print Headband ($5.99)

Amazon

Amazon is a great resource for finding accessories that you may not see in a store. It has just about everything you could think of, just search whatever costume idea that you have, and you will most likely find something that works perfectly for your outfit.

Flapper Costume Accessories ($15.99)

Hot Topic

Even when it’s not the Halloween time of year, Hot Topic has items that would complete a lot of costumes. They have even more options around Halloween so you’re sure to find something that works for you.

DC Comics Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Daddy’s Lil Monster Girls Raglan ($21.20)

Hopefully these stores can help you complete the costume you have in mind!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.