TV Shows to Watch this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you’re a TV fanatic, fall is the time to celebrate the return and beginning of some of the best shows on the air. The little free time that I do have, I usually dedicate to watching TV.

This is Us, Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC: If you typically already watch The Voice on Tuesdays, you should keep the TV on and stay tuned for This is Us. The show follows three siblings struggling with various aspects of their life, while flashing back to them being raised by their parents, played by Milo Ventimiglia and Mandy Moore.

The Good Place, Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. on NBC: The fact that Kristen Bell is in this should be temptation enough to watch, but the concept is unique as well. Following her death, Bell’s character is sent to “the good place” by mistake and she follows the process of trying to deal with all of it.

Superstore, Thursdays at 8 p.m. on NBC: This show rocks. I watched the first season in roughly two days, and it’s definitely a laugh to be had. I think America Ferrera is so underrated, and the whole cast is great and the characters are really relatable.

Jane the Virgin, Mondays at 9 p.m. on The CW: This show returns Oct. 14, and I am beyond eager. It’s on Netflix if you need to catch up, and we were left with quite the cliffhanger. It’s heartwarming, dramatic and emotional —you’ll definitely get invested. Oh, and #TeamRafael.

The Mindy Project, Tuesdays on Hulu:  It’s kind of crazy to believe that we’re already entering our fifth season alongside Mindy, but if you’ve never seen it before, I highly recommend a binge watch before it returns to Hulu on Oct. 4. Dr. Mindy Lahiri is the epitome of extra, but we love her for it.

To make the most of your free evenings, make some snacks and gather your roommates to watch these highlights of the fall TV lineup.

Photo credit: thetvjunkies.com