Style

Trendy Fall Fashion for When the Cold Weather Hits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Even though it seems like the heat never ends, there are a couple of weeks during the fall season where the weather gets cooler and the cozy sweaters can be broken out. When that cold air finally hits, it’s a shock to most of us. I have almost no winter clothes in my closet because, for the most part, they’re not even worth buying if you live in a place like Florida. In preparation of the chill to come, I’ve decided to find the best places to buy fall clothing from. These trendy fall fashion items that I’ve found will work perfectly when you need to dress for a 50-degree morning class and a 70-degree noon class.

Where To Buy Affordable Fall Fashion Items

Forever 21

Forever 21 has just about everything. During the fall months, it comes out with super cute and affordable clothes and accessories from leggings to coats to mittens. You will definitely find all the fall clothes you need if you shop at here. This backpack I found is perfect for the season and is something that you could use every day.

Faux Suede Backpack ($24.99)

H&M

H&M is similar to Forever 21 because it releases several options for fall. It slightly goes toward an older clientele and has a lot more basics than Forever 21. This is perfect for someone who likes the classic fall clothing colors or someone with a job or internship that requires more professional everyday dress. You can also find a variety of jeans that will elevate your fall look.

Super Skinny High Jeans ($19.99)

Copper Closet

There is a Copper Closet in the Oaks Mall in Gainesville, but you probably already knew that because it’s very popular with students. It’s known best for the cute tailgate clothes sold during football season. They also have so many trendy clothes during the fall season that it’s hard not to go bankrupt when shopping here. Grab your roommate, hop on the 20 RTS bus and stop by for a sweater or cardigan to add to your fall wardrobe.

Purple Teddy Pullover ($28)

Where To Buy More Expensive Fall Fashion Items

Altar’d State

Altar’d State is quite a bit pricier than the stores mentioned before, but its clothes are definitely good quality. It has all the essential sweaters and cardigans for the fall season trends. My personal favorite is its fluffy sweater; it keeps me warm and super comfy through every class period.

Bubbly Cardigan Sweater ($69.95)

Revolve

Revolve is a great place to find really fashionable fall fashion items, but those items come with hefty price tags. Everything it sells is super trendy, so you’ll look like the most popular influencers if you shop here. You can find an outfit for any occasion: a coffee date, dinner at Dragonfly, etc.

Arlington Sweater ($158)

Ugg

You know the boots. They may be a meme now, but their quality is great and will last for several season to come. I, personally, still love these boots for the fall season because they’re so comfy when walking all around campus. They have several different styles available beyond the basic Ugg boot, so you can find the best ones for your look. They not only sell winter boots like the classic Bailey Button II Boot, but also fancier boots with heels that you can wear for special occasions.

Bailey Button II Boot ($170)

I hope this helps you to find the perfect outfits for fall to fit your style and keep you warm as the temperature makes its slow decline!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.