StyLISAtion: The 15-Minute Challenge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s one of those days where you have class and you sleep in until the last possible second, throw on your sweat pants, and put your hair in a messy bun on top of your head. You have class all day and hit the library to get some studying done. Then one of your friends texts you and convinces you to go out for a night on the town. So how do you quickly transform from drab to fab?

This exact situation happened to my friend Arianna.

She asked me to help her get ready before we headed out to dinner and some local fun with our friends. I decided I was up for the challenge. Hair and makeup in 15 minutes? Time to make what seems impossible, possible. In fifteen minutes, I transformed Arianna from shabby to chic.

To get Arianna’s quick and easy look, part your hair to the side and grab a small front section of hair and braid it back toward the back of your head. Secure the braid with bobby pins. Then, pull back your hair in a low ponytail towards the side of your head with the braid. To dress up your side pony, wrap a piece of your hair around the ponytail holder to conceal it.

Often times when you’re deciding to go out last minute, you aren’t exactly sure what you’re going to wear. For fast and shimmering makeup that goes with any outfit you choose, stick to super shiny neutral tones, such as bronzes and golds. On Arianna, I applied a gold shadow and accented with bronze in the crease of her lids. Then I applied a bold line of black liquid eyeliner. Apply a good amount of black mascara to your lashes to complete the look, and you are set for a fun night out!

Next time you’re in a time crunch, follow these easy and speedy tips and get the look in 15 minutes or less.