Savvy Updates: De-stressing Your Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s crunch time. With only a few weeks left in the semester, you’re probably swamped at Library West trying to figure out how in the world you’re going to cram for three exams, two final projects, and one more trip to Midtown before the end of the semester. Don’t worry too much—you can almost see the light at the end of the Spring 2012 tunnel! Follow these tips for a somewhat relaxing and stress free end of the semester.

1. Be realistic. Don’t tell yourself that you’re going to fully dedicate yourself to that Physical Geography exam if you know you’ll be busy with your extracurricular activities. Be real with yourself—if you need to start studying weeks before a test, then plan accordingly. The last place you want to be in at the end of semester is wishing you had started studying for a test earlier instead of reading the April issue of Cosmo.

2. Set goals, but don’t go too crazy. Aiming for a 4.0 GPA is a great goal, but don’t overwhelm yourself. If you know your classes this semester were absolutely ridiculous and you know that you tried as hard as you could to swing out some A’s, just be proud of where you are and know that you did your very best. Being proud and confident in your abilities is the first step towards success, and if you gained knowledge from the class, who cares about whether you receive a B or a B-?

3. Treat yourself. If you’ve been following your study regime and you are ahead on your work, take a break to reward yourself for your dedication as a student. Take a quick nap to refresh your mind or go out and get some of your favorite food. Getting a breath of fresh air is sometimes the best way to increase productivity when you return!