Culture > News

That’s A Wrap: Chicago Elects First Black Female Mayor & The Mormon Church Rolls Back Anti-LQBTQ Policies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Monday, April 1:

Tuesday, April 2:

Wednesday, April 3:

Thursday, April 4:

• The Mormon church repealed a rule that banned baptisms for children of gay parents and a rule that made gay marriage a sin worthy of expulsion.
  • Police report that the man accused of the Christchurch mosque attacks will face 50 murder charges and 39 attempted murder charges.
  • Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO, finalized his divorce with his wife. He kept 75 percent of Amazon shares. 
  • The first official report from the Ethiopian Airline plane that crashed last month was released. It found the plane nosedived several times before it hit the ground and the pilots repeatedly followed procedures recommend by Boeing before the crash.
  • New Mexico become the 14th state to pledge its electoral college votes to the winner of the popular vote.

Friday, April 5:

Saturday, April 6:

Sunday, April 7:

Stay tuned every  Monday for That’s A Wrap! In the meantime, connect with Her Campus UFL on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

Cassidy Hopson is a junior at the University of Florida majoring in journalism. Follow her on Twitter @CassidyHopson.
Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.