This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The Campus Cutie this week is a witty guy from Palm City. He’s a senior who will sweep you off your feet and make you laugh out loud at the same time. Meet RJ Schaffer, collegiettes

RJ is a 21-year-old journalism major, a member of Theta Chi fraternity and a Florida Cicerone. He also works with the University Athletic Association on their social media accounts.

RJ’s favorite holiday is the first Gator football game of the season. When given the option between Moe’s and Chipotle, he picked Burrito Brothers. “Over my dead body will I eat at a chain,” RJ said. In Gainesville, RJ has a few hot spots he loves to hit up. “90 percent of the time, Salty because there’s no freshmen, but 10 percent of the time Rowdy’s to play ‘kiss her’ on the balcony with strangers walking beneath,” he said. 

His most memorable moment while studying at UF happened not too long ago, and it’s definitely on the strange side. “I’ve never met offensive lineman Trip Thurman, but a few months ago on a campus tour he walked by me, twisted my nipple, and when I turned around he laughed and kept walking. Maybe one day I’ll understand that,” said RJ. 

RJ describes himself as “sarcastic, sardonic and strange.” His hobbies include going to Goodwill, golfing, listening to obscure music and watching bizarre television shows. Also, RJ’s favorite movie is The Island because of Scarlett Johansson. “But I would be lying if I said it wasn’t Happy Gilmore,” he said. 

When asked about his relationship status, RJ simply said he was dating. On a first date, he would love to take a girl to a Steelers game. What does RJ look for in a girl, you may ask? “Past good looks, someone who has the intellectual capacity to have a conversation that doesn’t revolve around a single thing a basic white girl would talk about,” RJ said.

If RJ’s life was a movie, he thinks Joaquin Phoenix would play his role. “But I don’t want people to think I’m too weird, so you’re up to bat Mark Wahlberg!” he said. If he won the lottery, RJ would buy his father a speedboat, keep 15 percent and use the rest to cure his sister’s diabetes. RJ says the theme song for his life would be “Give The People What They Want” by the O’Jays. “I’ve got to give the people what they want,” RJ said. 

RJ plans to do communications for a professional sports team or collegiate team after graduation. Like most people, RJ has a dream job. “Logically, working for the Miami Heat. Illogically, a roadie for Tame Impala,” he joked. 

As for being this week’s Campus Cutie, RJ feels honored. “Well, frankly, it appears this comes two days too late, as my mother sent me a text right before I was nominated telling me the 25-year-old, redhead bartender with a kid at our hometown watering hole thinks I’m cute. Apparently, I have moved on from college girls. Besides that, it’s a great honor,” he said. If you happen to see this week’s Campus Cutie around, hit him up with a sarcastic comment or joke. Sparks just might fly.

Kelly is a sophomore studying telecommunications and English at UF. She is the Campus Cutie writer and couldn't be more excited for her first semester on the Her Campus UFL team! Kelly is an avid traveler, coffee lover, and Netflix junkie. She is also a member of Delta Zeta and a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. Kelly spent her summer at WWSB ABC 7 as a digital media intern. She hopes to one day produce and write for television in a city like New York or Toronto.