This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Collegiettes,

I’m feeling nostalgic. As I write this last entry, I realize I have finally reached the last day of my sophomore year of college — that’s scary.

Two years ago I graduated from high school and only dared to dream of how wonderful and life-changing college would be. It has been all that and more, thanks to my friends, colleagues, co-workers, mentors and family.

For some of you, your best friends may be graduating. One of the greatest people I have met in my whole life will be graduating, and I cannot imagine how in the world I will say goodbye to her. How do you put into words how grateful you are for the permanent imprint someone left on heart? Yes, I know, “It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later,” but still.

The summer awaits us. And in that summer, lies an adventure waiting to be born. Graduation and end-of-year events sometimes make people sad, but it’s so important to think optimistically. Maybe for me sophomore year is over, but that just means a new chapter in my life is about to start. A fresh beginning with a blank canvas. So with that, I share with you a quote:

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman

I don’t want you to just live this summer — I want you to light up and sparkle and conquer every obstacle and opportunity that comes your way, whether it’s the size of a mountain or the size of a grain of sand. Embrace every chance you have to better yourself and better your attitude. Live with fire and always strive to keep it ignited and bright.

Own your summer, own your journey, own your self-discovery. Have a conversation with yourself and explore what it is you want to do. Create a bucket list and a deadline and take pictures of everything. Laugh, learn and love. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m going to Paris to find myself, more than anything. I plan on cooking, exploring, rapping, running, laughing, crying, jumping, writing and capturing every ounce of fuel for the betterment of myself. 2011 is my year, and this summer I will thrive, and I challenge you to do the same. This is possible wherever you’ll be — at an internship, at your uncle’s house, here at UF…it doesn’t matter.

Don’t go through the motions and don’t settle. Live, live, live with fire. And as a great friend of mine always says, “Give ‘em hell.”

Thank you for letting me vent and share my inner thoughts with you this semester. Never doubt the power of a quote to uplift you when you need it most.

Xoxo,
QQ

Hola! My name is Victoria and it is a pleasure to meet you. I was born and raised in Key West, Fla. Surprisingly; people do actually live there. I'm a fourth year journalism student at the University of Florida, and I am obsessed with food. I watch ungodly amounts of the Food Network. I love to dance, write and swim to my hearts content. I don't know what I would do without my Crackberry and listening to the Silversun Pickups makes me sane.