Pedro Martinez ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Meet Campus Cutie Pedro Martinez. When Martinez isn’t weightlifting and improving his health, he is playing on one of UF’s intramural basketball and/or football teams. He is currently learning Portuguese for his visit to Brazil for the World Cup in 2014 and wants to one day run his own company .

Age: 22

Ethnic background: Cuban

Hometown: Coral Springs, Fla.

Relationship status: In an awesome relationship

Expected Graduation year: 2011

Major and Why: Business Administration: Ever since I was in high school, I always had an entrepreneurial mind and found opportunities to make money. Then in college, I started investing in the stock market, using it as a part time job. Also, after interning with companies such as Bank of America, NorthWestern Mutual and Merrill Lynch, I am even more certain that this is the industry I want my career to be in.

Favorite TV shows/music/movies: I really enjoy the Office & Modern Family.

Ideal boyfriend/girlfriend: My girlfriend – Kerolyn Valente. She is just amazing!

Idea of Perfect Date: Going to Lake Wauburg, go rock climbing and canoeing.

Favorite thing about UF: I love the diversity.  I have learned so much while at UF, and definitely feel a lot more open minded.

Where he sees himself in 10 years:
I see myself running my own company, finding a balance between work and family and having the financial freedom to explore the world.

Favorite quote: “You miss 100% of all the shots you never take” In other words, sometimes you just have to go for it and not be worried if it is going to work out or not.